The causes of cellulite and how to remove it for good!
We’re constantly told to embrace our imperfections and insecurities, but what if we just don’t want to? Let’s normalise improving on what we don’t like about ourselves so we can all live happily and comfortably in our own skin. We are so fortunate to live in a time where there is a wide variety of effective treatments to boost our appearance. Why not make full use of it?
Cellulite can be frustrating and a real head scratcher, especially for people who already eat well and lead an active lifestyle. Truth is, cellulite is simply in your genetic makeup or comes with age – but thankfully, there are treatment solutions for that! Unsurprisingly, statistics show that cellulite affects women more than men. This has to do with estrogen levels and its impact on blood vessels. As women age, their estrogen decreases. Therefore, they lose receptors in their blood vessels and thighs, resulting in decreased circulation. With less blood circulation, there is less oxygen and nutrition to the area and with that, collagen production slows down too. While that is happening, fat cells are increasing in size and begin protruding through collagen, becoming the bumpy fat we all know as cellulite.
Before we go straight into treatment solutions, there are some lifestyle changes you can make, in order to reduce cellulite.
- Fuel your body with more nutritious food.
- Maintaining a healthy weight and decreasing the amount of toxin buildup is vital when trying to reduce cellulite. Talk to our in-house nutritionists to see what changes you can make to your diet to make it benefit your health and appearance.
- Ensure you’re always hydrated- up your water intake!
- Dehydration can make cellulite more noticeable, so remember to keep yourself hydrated.
- Stop smoking - Smoking affects blood supply to your skin, causing it to be thinner and more likely to sag.
- Be more active
- Exercises; specifically leg exercises, will help to tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of cellulite. You can check out some exercises here!
If you prefer a faster way to be cellulite-free for good, we recommend our cellulite treatment: Pro Z-Waves! Pro Z-Waves is a non-invasive body sculpting therapy that uses high energy radial shockwaves to penetrate deep into the underlying connective tissues, activating collagen reconstruction and inducing mechanical lipolysis. The result? Tightened skin and prominent shapely curves!
Along with this, you will experience improved blood flow, reduced tension and stiffness around the muscles and remodeling of the subcutaneous fat tissue.
Pro Z-Waves specifically targets:
- Love handles
Not convinced? Take a look at these before and after shots!
Say goodbye to cellulite forever with regular and consistent treatments. To maintain treatment results, we highly recommend using our specially formulated homecare products in between treatments.
Best for body contours, this serum prevents stubborn fat deposits by stimulating fat mobilisation and oxidation. It also includes antioxidant properties to improve the appearance of cellulite. You will experience cold and hot sensations upon application.
Best for treating cellulite and body contours, the Bodytech Herbal Cream is a body cream with biological properties – the blend of ancient medicinal herbs of Ivy Extract, Maca and Cinnamon Oildecongests removes waste and releases fatty deposits. The therapeutic warmth developed right after application boosts circulation and synergises the benefits of the active ingredients.
Formulated with strong scientific research to intensively shape and tone the body, this refreshing and lightweight premium gel serum effectively sculpts the body, while leaving skin smooth and soft. This serum helps to:
- Target areas with excess bulk
- Relieve heaviness and smooth dimpled skin conditions
- Regenerate and strengthen skin structure, thus promoting healthy and resilient skin
- Diminish flabbiness, stretch marks and re-contour the body